Monday, March 14, 2016

Health: Deciem NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex

Health
 
Deciem NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex
Mar 15th 2016, 00:07, by noreply@blogger.com (frywolitki-tatting)

Deciem NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex

by Ann P.

Hyaluronic acid can hold as much as 1,000 times its weight in water and although the body produces it naturally, the levels decrease as one ages, which is why it’s an important part of my daily regimen as I near 50 and my skin becomes drier. I was a little hesitant to try the NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (MMHC) ($35) because I was already using a hyaluronic serum that I liked, but I had recently read about low molecular-weight hyaluronic acid, and the broad spectrum of hyaluronic compounds (twelve!) in the NIOD product made me curious to give it a try.

Just to give a little background, NIOD (Non–Invasive Options in Dermal Science) is one product line of the Deciem company, based in Canada. Each product line has a different focus, with NIOD being cutting-edge skincare with a focus on overall skin health and long term results.

The NIOD website gives a thorough description of the twelve hyaluronics that make up MMHC, but what stood out for me was the mix of high, mid and low molecular weight compounds, as well as plant-based compounds and a fermented high molecular weight hyaluronic acid to prevent moisture loss.

But it was the low molecular weight compounds that truly intrigued me. These smaller molecules are supposed to penetrate deeper and hydrate the skin from within, even stimulating the body’s own production of hyaluronic acid and collagen. Most hyaluronic acid serums contain high-weight molecules which are larger and cannot be absorbed by the skin, but instead form a protective layer on the surface. By combining high and low weight, one gets the best of both worlds.

In my research for this review I came across some studies that suggest low molecular weight hyaluronic acid can cause inflammation, but other studies suggest that rather than contributing to inflammation, low molecular weight hyaluronic acid can have a calming effect on rosacea and other skin irritations (source). With so much contradictory information out there, all I can say is that my own experience with MMHC was positive, with no outbreaks whatsoever.

The first thing I noticed about the product was that it’s thin and watery, unlike other hyaluronic serums I’ve used that were thicker and almost gel-like. Twice a day I put a few drops in my hand, rubbed my palms together and patted the serum onto my face, neck, décolleté and the backs of my hands. Unlike the hyaluronic serum I had been using previously, MMHC didn’t leave my skin feeling immediately silky, and I couldn’t help but wonder if it was going to do anything at all. But I had committed to thirty days, so I continued using it twice a day and by around the third or fourth day I could definitely see a change in my skin. It felt smoother and looked plumper. It was a subtle effect, but enough to convince me I was on the right track.

MMHC is priced very reasonably compared to other hyaluronics and is an outright steal compared to recent products on the market containing a blend of different molecular weights. Overall, I’m very impressed with the Niod Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex and am glad my trial period has ended so I can start trying some of NIOD’s other products. This is an interesting company that bears watching!



from phytoceramides reviews http://ift.tt/1pHGp8S via anti aging wiki
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1pHHH3R

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 komentar:

Post a Comment